Myles is an undefeated MMA fighter currently competing in the UFC organization and is the #9 Ranked Lightweight in the World! Only 25 years old, Myles has been competing in the sport for over 10 years! Myles is a Black Belt in Jiu-Jitsu and also has helped create his own style of training ‘Jury Jiu Jitsu‘.
Myles has been competing from a very young age and also with his undefeated record he is no stranger to competition and how to prepare. He’s currently expected to face Takanori Gomi this weekend on September 20, 2014 at UFC Fight Night 52.
Myles’ 5 Competition Tips:
1. Stay focused on what you want to accomplish and don’t let anyone get in your way.
2. Train hard every day, push your body to the limits so the hard work is over when it’s time to compete and competition is the easiest part.
3. Channel your nerves so they don’t take over your mind/body. Keep in mind you trained for days/months and the competition is only a matter of minutes.
4. Vision everything that can happen, both good and bad and how you will react.
5. Rest- make sure you’re getting 8 hours of sleep every night.
My first tournament I was super nervous but kept reminding myself how hard I worked and it was just another day in the office, mind over matter. It takes a while to get the experience to overcome the nerves, but with a strong mind and having a great vision, it gets easier every time. The feeling when it’s over is the best thing ever and last quite some time, live it up and have fun with it!